[AT] CUBFEST 2004 countdown

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Jun 4 07:50:59 PDT 2004

If I counted right there are just 13 days, not counting
today, until CUBFEST 2004 at Shelbyville Indiana on June
18-19-20...
Am I ready yet? No way.   :-)   Would I be ready if I had
another year to get ready? Probably not...  :-)   Am I ready
enough to have it? I think so. Or at least I will be by the
big day.
I had really hoped to have a little more of my "stuff"
cleaned up and organized better but I guess I am doomed to
always remain surrounded by too much rusty iron and strange
little bits and giblets. Such is the nature of living at
TMCOTKU (the magnetic center of the known universe). We have
had a tremendous amount of rain this spring and everything
is behind including field work.
Remember that while we all hope that you will come and bring
a CUB (or several) that the primary thing is that you have
an interest in Farmall CUB's. Also reminding that there is
no admission charge and no camping charge (primitive). No
money is involved unless you buy or sell something from or
to another guest and that is strictly between the two of
you. I have no problem if you have something CUB related
that you want to bring along to sell privately. We can even
find a place to set a number of such items in one place if
you like.
I don't really look at this as a show, just a gathering of
friends with a similar interest. It is of course all based
from the CUB board at:
www.farmallcub.com
Here are a few other things to see while in the area:
State site:
http://www.in.gov/enjoyindiana/
In Indy:
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/
Horse track only about 6 miles north west of us:
http://www.indianadowns.com/
Southeastern Indiana. Muzzle loader shoot and huge flea market:
http://www.nmlra.org/
Over 300 shops next to a 16,000 acre state park.
http://allsands.com/Travel/Places/nashvilleindia_xjt_gn.htm
There is also a sizable Amish community beginning about 6
miles east of here. If you look on the Indiana map it is
based around Moscow (pronounced like "coe" not "cow" like
the Russian city) Indiana in Rush County. A drive through
the countryside there can be very interesting. Also in
Moscow is a very long 2 span covered bridge which was fully
restored a couple of years ago. It crosses above 17 acres of
woods, rocks and river that once belonged to my
g-grandfather and was part of his mill operation there. The
mill was a grist mill and a sawmill. My mother bought the
place at auction over 30 years ago. The mill building which
was a more recent structure was sold separate and these days
a friend of ours operates a custom mill work shop there
specializing in restoration work. He does a great deal of
work for many of the state historic properties. A very
interesting guy to sit down and talk with. He has another
building he bought and is rebuilding for more shop space
that sits over near the church on another street. That
concrete block building was, when I was a young boy, a
Silver King tractor dealership.
About 25 miles east of here is the old canal town of
Metamora Indiana with lots of shops. Check out their virtual
tour and town map on their website:
http://www.emetamora.com/[/url]
--

"farmer"

My latest list "No Nonsense Horse" (includes donkeys & mules).