[Farmall] Machine Shed/Workshop

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Thu Jun 3 19:06:41 PDT 2004

    Larry;
    I built my barn/hangar 42' wide and 72' long. This is just for
storage as I have a seperate barn converted to a workshop that is 20'
by 36' with overhead storage in the hay mow for parts and supplies. The
barn is open full span on the east end and will eventually have a 40'
double stacked door for my airplane. There is a 12' door on the
southwest corner for tractor access. Being 42' wide gives plenty room to
back the tractors against the wall on each side and still have room to
get through on the middle aisle. My cost to have the barn built last
October was $13,500.
    After I built the barn, I immediately had it filled with my
tractors. Haven't got the plane home yet, but will as soon as the new
grass is far enough along to land on my new airstrip.
    My smaller tractors are low enough to fit under the wings on the
airplane in the hangar end of the barn, so they won't really be taking
up that much room.
    As the saying goes,"build as much as you can afford"

                    Gene