[AT] Free Massey-Harris 44

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Thu Jun 3 06:04:53 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/2/2004 2:18:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
captneb at micrord.com writes:
About  twenty minutes later another person drove in and wanted it now that
> what I call  good timing.
I looked at a combine for 3 years about 2 miles from here.   Finally found
out the landowner and called him.   2 days earlier he sold it to the junk man
for $20

A 56 Ford pickup was left in a lot near an old house trailer that some
transients lived in about 1/2 mile from the house in the same section I am in.   The
landowner was the heirs that lived in California.  they did not even know
that the trailer was being lived in, had not seen the land in 20 years.  They
came out, burned the trailer, and took the truck off in a rented trailer.  I was
going to "GO GET" the truck for 2 years.....

A JD combine partially burned in a field about 3 miles straight East of me.
It set in the field for more than 2 years.  My dad & I were looking for an
engine, so we went to look at it and see if the engine could be salvaged.  3 days
later it was gone.

last month, they had a senior center garage sale, and a 82 dodge 1 ton was
donated.  had all tires flat and it did nto run.  I made an offer of $500.
Found out the foloowing Monday that a guy from the county bought it after I made
tghe offer for $350.........    My Dad knew the guy and was going to let him
come out and go thru my used tire stash to find tires for it..  "He only needs 6
tires"  my Dad said............    I was recovering from Pneumonia, and on a
lot of drugs....   I went off like a stick of dynamite..     The truck is
still setting there with flats............

Yep, day late and dollar short...

If you want something to leave, just let me go look at it.....

Cecil in OKla