[AT] OT ~ framing nailers

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu Jun 3 05:08:38 PDT 2004

>>Be advised this is off topic. Has anyone used the Central Pneumatic framing
>>>nailers?
>

> I don't know about them.  I have Senco nailers.  Framing, roofing,
> flooring.  The most important thing I like is that you can get a trigger
> that allows only one shot per trigger pull.  This has saved me from
> becoming attached to my house in a most uncomfortable way at least once.
>
> The type that use "sticks" of nails are easier to change sizes (of nails)
> than the coil feed type.
>
> Dave

	I would go along with the suggestion you get one that only fires
one nail when the trigger is pulled. I have a 20 year old N80C coil nailer
and if you pull the trigger and hold the gun in place, you get two nails
in rapid fire. Holding the trigger and tapping the nose only fires one.

	I like the coil nailer for framing and deck building because a
coil contains twice as many nails as a stick does - maybe more. Stopping
to reload can be a pain in the rear because you always run out at the
wrong time.

	I have several finishing nailers and a stapler also. These are
nice little guns. One is a Senco and the other is a Central Pneumatic.
The Central Pneumatic was cheap and appears to be as well made as any
other but required some break-in and carefull oiling before it worked
reliably. It tended to hang up and not fire staples with every shot. It
seems to work pretty good now and only misses once every 20 shots or so.
I used it last to staple new seat covers on an old Pargo golf cart and
it did a nice job - all things considered. If you are not doing production
work where every shot counts, the cheap gun may be OK for you.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson