[AT] Farmall A? question

Terry & Carolyn Welshans welshans2 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 2 20:07:09 PDT 2004

Michael Miller said:

Also, while in the barn, I looked at the date code on the motor and it is
4-17-J, making this tractor built in late April or early May.

From: "Michael Miller"

I looked my block over and the only casting marks are "6842 DD" on the right
side below the head right at the back end.  It also has the words "FIRING
ORDER 1342" in the center of the right side.

There is no casting date anywhere, or any other marks except for the serial
number on the right front above the governor/magneto area, and that serial
number matches the frame serial number.

Regards,

Terry & Carolyn Welshans
Homer Glen, Illinois

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

www.midwestoilburners.org
www.fokisd.org
www.terrystoy.com