[AJD] Getting ready for our trip to IA - MRI results

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 18:48:39 PDT 2004

Dean,

Really great to hear that your families health problems have been resolved with positive outcomes.  We will keep your loved ones in our prayers..  The power of prayer is beyond our limited powers of imagination...

Ken Jones

Dean VP <deanvp at att.net> wrote:
The MRI results are in. Two more doctors confirm no new damage and the
symptoms of a stroke were created by a severe Migraine headache. Supposedly
not totally unusual for a previous stroke victim. So we can now firmly plan
our trip and maybe begin to relax a bit. So the bottom line: Our son seems
to be clear of his cancer after surgery and my wife has not had a stroke.
She is now on different prescriptions and dosages, to try to keep this new
situation under control. Thanks to all of you for your expressions of
concern, support and especially your prayers. They were deeply appreciated
and we are sincerely thankful. Whew!

This week we start to get ready for our trip to IA if my wife gets a clean
bill of health from the Dr's. We get the results of the MRI Tuesday and that
will be the final determiner. To date three different doctor's opinions have
come in that my wife did not have another stroke but had a severe Migraine
which masked itself with symptoms of a stroke. No new brain damage has been
detected. However, the stress on her has been a bit more than desirable and
has been difficult to deal with for me as well.

So we are curtailing our trip to limit it to a short stay in IA and then
return. Probably be gone less than two weeks. Originally we had planned to
spend more than a month on the trip, first to a wedding in NW IA and then
with expectations of getting to the Cub Fest at Farmers and the Two Cylinder
Expo in Ohio in the latter part of June. Then attend my High School reunion
on July 3rd in NW IA. But we have decided that maybe that is too much right
now. So we will be heading back much sooner than earlier planned.

I plan to sign off of both lists later this week and probably won't sign up
again until later this fall. I have been spending more time on this computer
than probably is appropriate and it's time to make some adjustments. I plan
to get the documents mailed and shipments made this week that I owe a few of
you so they won't remain open items. I appreciate your patience.

We probably will leave here the 7th or 8th of June. So will probably sign
off the 6th or so.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

What people can dream, people can do! George W. Bush

www.deerelegacy.com