[AT] 4' brushhog fits what??--Steve

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Wed Jul 21 03:57:56 PDT 2004

A 4' finish mower would probably be for a small tractor, perhaps one of
the "compact" diesels that have become popular in the last 20 years.
Massey Ferguson, Ford, John Deere all made/make them in the 18-40 hp
range with true Cat I three point hitches. (The early Japanese compact
tractors had Cat 0 hitches, but now are Cat I.) Your mower may not be
all that old. Haban made mowers for many tractor companies (I don't know
of any tractor manufacturers who made their own mowers - they contracted
out with Haban and others). A 4' finish mower would be the right size to
work between the trees on the part of Christmas tree farm where the
trees are mature. You start off with trees planted on 6' or 7' centers
and use a wide mower in the beginning. But when the trees are grown up,
you have only 4' aisles to mow (and the work can go much quicker).

Just my opinion, and definitely worth what you paid for it,

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ