[AT] Bad tractor day

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 06:16:55 PDT 2004

Check the spark if its got that then check for  fuel pull plugs are they wet
or dry if wet you got fuel if dry no fuel. Try to  choke it to get the fuel up
to the engine if the plugs get wet but don't fire  then check for
compression. low compression can be a lot of things a valve stuck  open could be the
problem. You just have to take it one thing at a time,  ignition, fuel compression
if you have all three then it should start.
If its  going to start it will do it in a few turns of the engine if not then
stop and  look for what's wrong no need to just run the batteries down if it
going to  start it will in short order.
Up draft carbs rarely flood the engine  so if it has spark and fuel then I'd
think compression.  Assuming that you  have an updraft carb.
You spray a little fuel into the carb to test for fuel  problem while
cranking it over. I use an old oil can filled with fuel for this.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503  623-0460