[Steam-engine] Books

Francis Orr steam.boat at verizon.net
Tue Jul 27 22:38:03 PDT 2004

Lindsay Publications has had the J.I. Case book listed for $6.00 if it is still available. They list all sorts of good steam stuff at a decent price. www.lindsaybks.com. n.b.books has been taking chapters out out original hard bound books and offering them at a pretty stiff price. >From what I have seen, most of the steam stuff comes from Audels Mechanics and Engineers Guide. For what you pay on eBay for an n.b.books extract, you can probably get the whole volume from other book dealers. For those who don't know about the Audels, there are eight volumes (#8 is electrical) and it is a tremendous source of information including how to build boilers and design engines.
Francis A. Orr