[AT] How to seat the bead on lawn tractor tires?

R Mull rbobmull at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 14:02:47 PDT 2004

Sent this last week, but it got lost in space I guess

Had some 12 ply 14.5 mounted today and they used a bead expander like
Charlie described except it was not adjustable. Probably cost more than I
paid for the two 12 ply tires. They demounted two old ones and mounted two
new ones for a total of $16.00 Note: All these came out of the back of my
pick up and I took the old ones home to save on the disposal fee.

I had experience this past spring demounting and mounting a rear sears lawn
mower
tire. I looked and felt like a Bull Frog on a June Bug wrestling that little
tire.

Thanks,
Robert Mull
Woodstock , Georgia