[AT] How to seat the bead on lawn tractor tires?

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Jul 22 18:22:55 PDT 2004

I have a few "doughnuts" around here someplace.They are a LARGE silicon
filled O-Ring that you put around the rim and then hit the tire with
air. They pop out when the bead starts to seat itself. BUT they are not
as easy as the stacking method I gave earlier.
Stacking is easy and for most small tires you can use an old 14" tire
rim as the stack base. There are also air cannon type units that seat
tire beads also, They are basically a large tank with a BIG valve and
outlet to dump a LOT of air in a hurry.
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY