[AT] Simplicity lawn tractor

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu Jul 22 18:08:45 PDT 2004

A friend of mine just bought a 80's vintage Simplicity 18 hp.  Sorry I don't
know the model number.  It looks great.  Shiny paint and all but
unfortunately the engine has low compression (read worn out).
He called the PO and the guy told  him to come get his money back and take
the thing to the dump.

Can anyone  tell me where to find a good deal on an  18 hp verticle shaft
V-twin Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine?  I think I can get this thing
pretty cheap.

Does anyone know if the hydro  drives on  these Simplicities are prone to
problems?

Charlie