[Farmall] Farmall H starter

geobev at juno.com geobev at juno.com
Thu Jul 22 17:29:07 PDT 2004

The starter on my working '51 H has the teeth on the bendix chewed up
enough that it jams pretty often now on start up. Sometime I can rock the
tractor and break it loose, but lately it jams tight, then I have to pull
the starter and rotate the bendix to give it  a better engagement
position.
I have a junker '49 B setting out in the weeds, that I want to restore
some day, with ( last time it ran ) a good starter.
Can anyone tell me if they will interchange??
I will have to swamp my way out to it if I can get a pretty definite
maybe that will reassure me that I 'think' they will.
: )
Geo Hurless