[AT] OT, sort of: Harm in keeping clutch engaged while stopped?

Dean Vinson vinsond at voyager.net
Thu Jul 22 14:43:54 PDT 2004

> I've always understood the reason was to reduce wear and tear on the
> throwout bearing and clutch fingers.

Thanks, everyone.  This makes sense to me, even if the engineering
advances some mentioned have lessened the problem to the point of not
mattering.  I'll make sure my kids learn to do it right... :-)

> Will we see you at Portland again?

Certainly will, George.  I missed it last year and may have to again
this year, doggone it anyway, but it's always on my hope-to list.  I
still get the ATIS list and a tractor magazine or two, but life is
pretty full with other things these days and it's tough to arrange the
time off.  I'll see what I can do this August.

Dean Vinson  --  Dayton Ohio
<http://my.voyager.net/~vinsond/>