[AT] How to seat the bead on lawn tractor tires?

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Jul 22 09:00:35 PDT 2004

The easiest way I have found so far is to install the tire on the wheel,
then I look at the rim and force as much of the bead on the side
with the shortest shoulder. Then I set the tire/rim on to another
unmounted tire that is either the same size or one size larger, step on
the center of the wheel to force the tire closer to the other shoulder
on the rim. Then I inflate the tire. No muss no fuss. I have also used
wood blocks and just leaning the tire against the wall.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY