[AT] Misc (and politics)

Carl Tatlock carllary at Surfglobal.net
Thu Jul 22 05:31:53 PDT 2004

"Spencer Yost wrote:    ....."

And I certainly agree with him.   I am fed up with some of the posts
from "Old Timers"--("I have been on this list since..." ) members and
others who are really handy at insulting other members and belittling
their opinions.   Despite the restrictions agreed to to be on this list,
some push the envelope on the political stuff and manage to make the
list look very "Right", sliding in comments here and there.  There are
even occasional political slogans in signature blocks.   If I want
political instruction I will look at TV or read newspapers-- not the
A.T.I.S. list.    I have lost respect for some of the members of this
list for the above reasons, and I don't  feel good about that.   Making
snotty remarks is a childish way of dealing with a situation-- or didn't
your Mommies tell you that?  See? Now you have me doing it...

I have never had a problem talking about old iron, or clutch release
bearings, and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks to Spencer for his willingness to talk to us instead of just
pulling the plug.   Now, can we leave ALL RELIGION AND POLITICS AND
COMMENTS ABOUT OTHERS' INTELLIGENCE out of it!  Please.     How many
times do we have to say it?

Carl in VT