[AT] Misc

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Jul 20 19:55:35 PDT 2004

Just a couple of things, mainly off the top of my head:

There will be another partial day outage lasting from Friday Afternoon
until Saturday morning.   Access will be spotty.   I am being assigned a
new range of IP addresses because my ISP only gave me one address instead
of 5 IP addresses.  Unfortunately they can not give me 4 more in the same
subnet - they have to give me 5 new ones in a different subnet so access
will be spotty during that time.  I will post more tomorrow or Thursday to
all lists with more information.  Since this change can be planned as
opposed to being an emergency unplanned thing like the last time, I can
really minimize down time for most everyone.

Portland IN (Tri-State Tractor and Engine Show) - Be there!   This is going
to be a year to remember.   I will be there earlier this year than usual.

Second cutting of hay came in a week or two ago.   Sort of light.  Only
about 150 bales on ten acres but I packed them much tighter than usual.
With the bale chamber set like normal it probably would have been a 180-200
bale cutting.  Either way barely worth the effort but the money will pay
for the fertilizer I will have to put down in August.  Me and the IH baler
have finally established a working relationship during the first cutting
that lasted through this cutting.   Only about 10% grandma bales this time
and most was on one bad run were the twine was mal-formed and I didn't know
it.   Otherwise it would have only thrown maybe 4-6 bad bales.

Shop Stuff

Trooper diesel engine rebuild is stuck waiting on parts.  All I need are
the valves and valve springs They have been on order for 3 weeks.

No tractors in the shop as I just finished tinkering with the Mustang
(which is runing great, I wish I could keep it).

NORTH CAROLINA NEWS:

John Edwards in in the race:  We are big time now!   Now we'll have a
Christmas tree AND maybe a vice-president that shows up in the White
House(most years recently North Carolina provides the White House Christmas
Tree - a Frasier fir from the mountains).

We have the technology and actually use it too:
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_B
asicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031776779579

But now we have Lionfish though:
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/s2264.htm  Just when you thought
it was safe to go back in the water...

That's all for now...