[AT] OT: Air compressor oil.

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 19:52:25 PDT 2004

Compres40.02sors do not run with the heat that automotive engines do.  A good
non-foaming oil is best.  Mystic used to make an anti-leak hydraulic oil that
also was a compressor oil.   You can run a synthetic oil but the reason for
synthetics is they do not have as low a boiling point as do petroleum oils.  I
thin my compressor oil with ATF for the winter months.  ATF is an excellent
oil for compressors.  Think of all the pressur that an ATF oil has to endure....

Just my 2 cents..

Cecil in OKla