[AT] Have to sell a few friends )-;

Matthew matthewx at dogod.com
Tue Jul 20 10:40:32 PDT 2004

I am quite sure you would hate me as a kid.  You would be one of the few
adults in the world who might be able to stand on their own two feet though.
The tables could be just as easiley turned in this situation as well:
What kind of a child would try to pry one of their parents prize possession
from them for their own gain?  A more honest kid might just steal it and
sell it themselves.  In the end it's still gone, but at least that tact
lacks the emotional blackmail.

As far as the other remarks, I do not have kids.  It pisses me off you get
to deduct them from your taxes.  It pisses me off that I have to pay to send
them to public schools.  I do feel for you if you are one of the few that
saves, and gets the short end of the grant stick because of it though.

IMHO this country already has way too many queens and not enough workers.
Welfare has made doing nothing a viable option for many people, and many
others would rather do nothing then get their hands dirty.

Anyway, my take on the subject is if the kid wants it, they can work for it.
Oh, and as far as the car insurence goes, why does a kid *need* a car in the
first place?  Save the cash and invest it in school.  To that pile add pay
TV, records, new clothing, etc etc.  Perhaps once they are feeling the pain
up close and personal, I might feel more generous.