[AT] Tractor play

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Tue Jul 20 05:45:18 PDT 2004

Sounds like fun, Kyle.
I had an interesting day Saturday "playing" with the Farmall M and the shredder.
Started to mow part of the yard that had gotten totally out of hand due to the
recent
rains we've had here.
On the first pass, at the end of the row, I heard a godawful noise and knew
immediately that I had run over a roll of wire that was hiding in the grass. Spent
the next half hour or so cutting the wire off of the shredder mechanism. Thankfully,
it was "horse" wire, not barbed wire. The rest of the job passed uneventfully, thank
goodness.
Sunday it was the riding mower's turn. I found the hole in the front tire, patched it
and started mowing. Tire went down again and came off the rim. Got that fixed and the
tractor slid back into the perpetual mud hole at the intersection of the bar ditch and
county road. Pulled it out with the M and, you guessed it, the front tire rolled off
the rim again. The tractor wouldn't start, so I left it to cool off and came back
later to fix it. Was finally able to finish the mowing up without further incident.
Yesterday, I went and bought a new tire for that corner!

Phil

t Hi guys, just wanted to let everyone know how much fun I had last Friday playing