[Steam-engine] purtification

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 13:47:24 PDT 2004

I'm getting a sizeable pile of parts cleaned up and
need to finish them so they don't rust again.  As I
see it there are two basic paths to follow.  I can
paint with an oil-based Rustoleum type product or an
automotive type finish.  The rustoleum is easy to
apply, easy to touch up, and relatively inexpensive.
Rustoleum is also not very durable both to scratching
and the environment.  The automotive finishes hold up
very well and are super shiny.  Auto paints are
expensive, more difficult to apply, and a little more
work to do touch ups.  Which way would you go?  What
do you use for the black on the boiler?  How is the
best way to clean the tarnished brass and keep it
looking nice?

=====
Andy Glines
Evansville, IN