[AT] Re: Battery/electrical Questions.....

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 19 07:51:13 PDT 2004

Just to make things interesting I will mention that the DC4 Case manual
states that the electrical system is 6 volt negative ground. This was even a
surprise to me after all the years of Cockshutts and old Ford flatheads
running 6 volt positive ground.
Its been a long time since I put a 6 volt battery on that DC4 though. In
fact I can't even remember which terminal I used for ground. Lately , when I
get inspired to try starting it again I just put a 12 volt battery on and
spin the motor for a while. Wonder if I had the battery hooked up backwards?
This might explain why it was so hard to start (turning backwards) :-)

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/