[Steam-engine] Saegertown PA Show pix posted (HCEA NationalConvention)

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Mon Jul 19 01:31:46 PDT 2004

Sorry we missed you.

We weren't there as long as I would have liked.
Had to work Friday, and Sunday morning, so we just had a few hours Sat +
late Sun.
I was totally focused on getting as many pix as possible, so wasn't in one
place very long.
Only got a few more pix on Sunday, but I'll post whatever's decent.

I remember the twin Eucs, both dozers + pans, from when I-90 was built.
My dad took us out to watch the work many times, and when the work was near
our place,
we could bike over.

Those 2 Wack brothers are amazing. Dean has a very large commercial fab shop,
so the 2 of them can take on projects like the Eucs, or the cranes. Every
machine
labeled "Hard Rock" is Deans, and probably came into his shop in bad shape.

Did you notice the turbo on the D2? I talked to the owner, and he acted
like they were
a common conversion, apparently for plowing.

If you liked the show, you should try to get to the Brownsville PA show,
where the
steam shovel normally lives...
         http://www.nesys.org/HCEA/Brownsville.html

Dave