Battery/electrical Questions.....Was: Re: [AT] desulphatingbatterychargers

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sun Jul 18 14:58:14 PDT 2004

I don't want to get into one of these ATIS endless pissing matches,
Jerry, but I would be very interested in seeing a scan of the IH manual
for the '41 H that shows negative ground. My manual for my '41 H shows
positive ground, as does every IH manual I have seen for tractors until
the mid '60s when they went to 12 volt alternators. And, it seems to me
that every other 6 volt machine I have encountered came out of the
factory wired for positive ground. If I am wrong about this, I would
appreciate being set on the right track, as I have told a lot of people
that their old 6 volt machines were positive ground.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ