[AT] desulphating battery chargers

Jerry Rhodes jlrhod at paulding-net.com
Sun Jul 18 11:39:34 PDT 2004

yes Cecil, in the box $6.98 + tax, I use the plas tube, facesheild, rubber
gloves and rubber rainsuit.
I ran the battery shop for 3.5 yrs in the Navy at ACB 2 and UDT 21 in Va. we
had about 170 batteries in service at a time, the old gent from Westinghouse
that helped us redo the shop used this method to service our batteries.
Another thing he said was to cycle the batteries, mainlly the ones that got
little use, i.e. load test, discharge the battery( used a headlite, run it
down until you can just see the lite) recharge, and retest in 3 steps,
headlite for 1 min right after recharge, again for 2 min 4 hrs later, and
again for 2 min at 8 hrs after recharge. Normally a battery with a short or
was gruded up would fail the 1st 2 min test at 4 hrs. Remeber SAFETY 1st,
and Walt, thanks for the memories of old Geo from Westinghouse.
Jerry NW Ohio