[AJD] Confessions of a first time gas tank sealer....

Robert E. Harris deere.robert at verizon.net
Sun Jul 18 13:28:24 PDT 2004

Hey gang,

Thought I'd share one or two thoughts on resealing a gas tank using POR 15
brand sealer.
I have had what I think is a good experience using the product. Would like
to know what others who have used it think.
It's a little pricey but I liked the testimonials I read about it and
decided to give it a whirl.
Haven't put any fuel in the tanks yet but so far it sure looks good.

The directions specifically indicate you MUST WEAR LATEX GLOVES. Yeah, sure
I thought.....
Yeah, sure I was wrong for NOT wearing latex gloves. There ain't no getting
this stuff off... period. I 'spect it'll take a week or so to wear off.

The directions specifically indicate you CANNOT RE-USE THE STUFF ONCE IT'S
OPENED. Yeah, sure I thought...
Yeah sure, I learned you should NOT reseal the can and expect to use it at
some later point. Blew the lid right off in 30 minutes. No damage, but the
stuff in the can was boiling...I figured since it was not savable I'd use it
up. Did the inside of the wheelbarrow. Entirely wrong application I'm sure
but it did allow me to see the stuff better than in the tank. :)
All you smart guys out there, "what is the principal at work here" ? does
this begin the curing process upon exposure to air?
Seemed to be almost like an alcohol based substance at least texture and
consistency wise.
Next week I'll throw some gas in the tank and see what it looks like.

My .02 worth for anybody that might be thinking about using the product. Our
friend greg Stephen told me he sells and recommends KREME but I had already
bought this so I decided to go with it....

thoughts?

Bobby

Robert and Sharon Harris
Mountlake Terrace , Washington