Battery/electrical Questions.....Was: Re: [AT] desulphating batterychargers

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Jul 18 07:56:25 PDT 2004

Mike,  I assume the H has a generator.  If so it doesn't need a battery to
run after it is started.  If it will not run without the battery or if the
battery is going dead while it runs the generator is not putting out.  You
can test it by disconnecting the battery after the engine is running.  If it
keeps running use a volt meter between the battery cables (with the battery
disconnected) to see what voltage it is putting out.

As for the battery, dump it out, rinse it out and re-fill it with the proper
acid/water mixture to get the specific gravity right, give it a charge and
see if it works.

Wear eye protection!

Charlie