[AT] desulphating battery chargers

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Jul 18 06:23:24 PDT 2004

> The ones I have in my EZ-GOcart, the Cushman cart and the ones ready for my
> Cushman Truckster are about 7 yrs old, I rework them (18) about two months
> ago, the Cushman cart has been in 2 parades and 2 fairs and 1 feamarket (1
> day) and I just recharged them today (12 hrs) so they hold up well, hope
> this answers your ?, thanks
> Jerry NW Ohio

	Thanks, Jerry, I appreciate your trouble to explain this further.
I have a gallon "box" of acid now that came from NAPA and I am going to
assume this is how you buy it. Seems like it cost me about $7 or so. I
bought it to energize a large 6 volt battery that has never been used and
never got around to it. The darn battery was too small for my two electric
golf carts and too large for the battery holder in any of my tractors.

	Do you use the acid right out of the box with the plastic tube or
do you transfer it to something else - glass or whatever?

	I'm going to try your method. I have too many tractors with
batteries that just go bad to let this go. I can't believe the quality
is that much worse than it ever was and think it might be the sitting
there doing nothing with the charge going down slowly that does it.

	I think my EZGo golf cart with the batteries that are slowly
fading would be a good candidate for your method. It could be one or
two of them have buckled plates that are dragging down the rest or they
may come back up if emptied, flushed and new acid put in.

	Thanks again.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson