Battery/electrical Questions.....Was: Re: [AT] desulphating battery charg...

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sun Jul 18 06:10:33 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/18/2004 6:04:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com writes:
At the farm I work at, there is an H.   It is still on 6 volt.  The battery
seems to take a charge, but it'll  only run for 10-15 minutes after you
charge it and then the battery is  dead(not even enough juice to make it
fire).  The battery also goes  dead if you charge it up then leave it set for
an hour or so.  Is that  battery junk?   Would it help it to dump the acid
and refill it,  according to what you do below?  It hisses and bubbles when
you leave  it charging.  One thing, when I first started this project the
electrolyte level in the battery was low in all cells, and the boss just had
me fill it up with tap water(I know, big no no, but he's a lot older than I
am).  Could that be the problem?

Buy  a new battery this one most likely has a dead cell in it.  Batteries are
 cheap Eyes are not, I wouldn't play around trying to save an old battery for
all  the Tea in China it just isn't worth the trouble that you can get  into.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503  623-0460