[Farmall] Selling the Farm and moving tractors & Tools

Jim Rohr jimships at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 05:20:43 PDT 2004

Travis.

Been there, done that, doing it again. Sorry for your troubles but the price
of keeping your son is worth it all many times over. Material items can be
replaced if needed..time with your son cannot. Plain and simple community
property means she receives what she did not earn by virtue of being
associated with you. This is the reason most women do not want true equal
rights laws passed. They say they do but hell why would they/

Next time pre-nup big guy....Pre-nup.

First I think the ultimate option is look for a truck/crane unit. One unit
does all the work at both ends. Alternatively you can find (rent/buy) a boom
crane truck capable of handling the loads. It will be invaluable to pick up
the loads and lift off the loads with each trip. If not than you will be
dragging on and dragging off which is slow and a general mess. The more you
can move on one load the better. Gantries also work but need large wheels to
work outside well.

Another option is to find someone who will provide you with a low boy or
flat bed trailer you can load separately. When full it can be trucked to the
new location. The main thing is to limit the semi's time on location, in
route and while offloading. This is what costs money to a hauler not a
trailer sitting there. I do not know your cash/truck/trailer situation but
these options work.

Last resort buy a well made car hauler trailer (8'x 16') 7500 pound with a
duck tail (about 1200 bucks). On this you can move the entire situation one
load at a time.  Get a lot of help///

No matter what it will be a mess so plan it all out first at both ends, than
do the work.

Enjoy your son/ Let him know you love him enough to loose everything you
cared about.

Jim Rohr