[Farmall] Farmall A

Ted Bartlett silverfarm at alltel.net
Thu Jul 15 12:57:04 PDT 2004

I'd like some advice on a long term restoration plan for my Farmall A
#52089, circa 1939?  First, I'm a working farmer, just a bit older than the
A.  Because of that, I had the engine rebuilt, and I mean to tell you it has
more torque than I ever imagined.  Thus it will never, during my ownership,
be just a show machine.  I have removed, but retained, all the parts
involved in the pneumatic lift mechanism [which I intend to clean & store].
Now, does its being rebuilt preclude its being worthwhile trying to be
historically accurate about paint color.  Should I just be pragmatic?  I've
not changed from 6 volt and I'm not truly impressed by the practical reasons
for doing so, but,....??????

                        Thanks,  Ted Bartlett