[Steam-engine] Steam Games

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 06:56:36 PDT 2004

I saw one at Rushville, IN that I really liked.  They
had a contest to see who could get belted into the
separator the fastest.  They parked the engine next to
the separator facing the wrong way.  The engineer had
to pull up, turn his engine around and get lined up,
get the belt on and start the separator.  I think they
stopped the time when the feeder chain started moving.
 They did this with 1 and 2 man teams.  They did
provide a belt helper/wheel blocker for the one man
event.  One funny happened when the first engine went.
 Apparently the threshing crew left a slug in the
cylinder earlier in the day.  No matter what he tried
the engineer couldn't get the separator started.

You could balance the teeter-totter but that may get a
little slow for the spectators.
--- Kiwp Blackburn
<kblackburn at cummingantiquepower.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a list of steam games along with
> the rules that we can use for our show in Cumming,
> GA.  I know about the slow race.  I just need 3 or 4
> more games that we might could play.  Any help would
> be appreciated.
>
> Kiwp Blackburn

=====
Andy Glines