[AJD] 35 D Runs Again!, but

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Wed Jul 14 23:03:08 PDT 2004

Steve,
While you can never be sure of anything you didn't do yourself, I am pretty
confident about this tractor.  It was owned by a friend and he had it
restored in 1995.  The engine was completely gone through by one of his
friends.  The tractor wasn't really for sale when I bought it.  We were
visiting about our Ds and he mentioned that he really needed to sell his,
and I made him an offer right on the spot and he accepted.  There were no
apparent cracks in the cylinders,  They had been bored out during the
restoration.  When I had the valves out I saw no indication of cracking.  My
thinking(wishful and/or otherwise, but certainly wishful) now is that the
head gasket may be at the root of the problem.  I did use a new head gasket,
I'll see what a new torque wrench says about it.

Gary