[AJD] Where is everyone?

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Wed Jul 14 22:43:50 PDT 2004

Hi Bruce,

I hope all goes well with your daugher-in-law.  Six months is too short a
pregancy.  I'll keep her in my prayers.

I used a new head gasket.  I am  waiting for a chance to try a new torque
wrench on it.  Maybe I can get the radiator off tomorrow.  That thing is
really heavy.  Maybe an engine hoist with nylon lifting slings would do the
trick...  My assistant is up to her elbows in preparing food for her family
reunion this weekend.  The house sure does smell good!   Sure would like to
have the old girl up and running this weekend(the D, that is!)  Maybe I can
find some time tomorrow...  As hot as it has been here, there has been a
breeze, and the D is in the shade under a barn lean-to.  All in all, a very
pleasant place to work.  At this point I plan to not remove the head, just
re-torque the head bolts.  I think I'm going to need a thicker gasket at the
top of the water pipe.  Pulling the radiator will allow me to make a cork
gasket to add to the paper/fiber JD gasket.  We shall see how the day plays
out.  Will keep you all advised.

Gary