[Farmall] Super C transmisson

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Wed Jul 14 04:55:07 PDT 2004

Bob,
I haven't worked on one of them, but since I haven't seen an answer from
anyone that has I'll give you my best guess.

IH provided various gasket and seal kits.  The closest reference I have
handy is for the 200.  It lists a kit for the chassis, which if still
available includes stuff you are not planning to work on.  Chances are the
kit is no longer available but the individual gaskets and seals are.
Bearings are probably available too.  Once you have them out, you can
probably get bearings and seals from a local bearing house.  This will
usually save money.  A bearing house can probably cross reference the IH
part numbers and get replacements for most before you take it apart.

Gears are probably all available from CaseIH but breathtakingly expensive.
I just looked on casetractorparts.com and found the 3-4 slider (for the 200,
probably the same) was $460.  The famous oil slinger gear is half that.  You
may be able to get a price break (HA) from a local dealer.  Probably no
other sources for gears other than used ones.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net