[Steam-engine] Greenville, OH...Joke?

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Tue Jul 13 22:13:08 PDT 2004

No joke, several of us pointed out about the 2 separate shows.

We weren't able to make Greenville this year, due to work obligations,
but it remains our favorite.

We were surprised by Wauseon this year.
It was really active this time, with a 3 engine spark show, while the
last couple times we went it was dead, I suppose that was due to weather
(roasted one year, drowned another), this year it was perfect.

Dave Merchant

At 05:01 PM 7/13/2004, Andy glines wrote:
>What kind of joke were you folks playing on me?  All I
>know is that after driving 290mi to Greenville, OH to
>see a "steam" show all I got was a bunch of stationary
>tractors and a couple of engines.  While walking
>around I stopped to visit with an exhibitior about his
>mogul engine.  While talking I inquired about the lack
>of steamers.  The guy explained that I needed to get
>back in the car and go a few miles further north to
>the "other" show.  I'm very glads that I took his
>advice.  I got there in plenty of time to see my first
>spark show Fri night.  The crew with the Baker 23-90
>sure knew how to put on a show and they took the time
>to explain to me how it is done. I must admit my
>disappointment in the lack of Huber engines.  I was
>really hoping to see a Huber in steam since Greenville
>is much closer to Marion than Evansville, IN is.  On
>Saturday I went to Marion to tour the Huber museum.
>They had an 18hp Plow engine on display and some neat
>literature.  The folks at the museum have a very nice
>facility and a knowledgeable staff.  I engcourage you
>to visit if you are ever in the area.  I came back to
>the show to see the last sawing and threshing of the
>day and to pester engineers about the "hows" & "whys"
>of running an engine.  Beth, I forgot to seak you out.
>  I would have really liked to meet you.. maybe next
>time.  Go show and worth the drive.  Got a couple of
>good spark show pics as well.
>
>=====
>Andy Glines
>Evansville, IN