Using tractor driven tillers (was Re: [AT] Allis ChalmersB-1lawn tractor

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 13 17:14:39 PDT 2004

Older model Ford brush cutters use that friction plate clutch. The thing
works pretty good but it rusts to a solid mass if the cutter sits outside
much. At that point the gearbox input shaft twists off between that "used to
be a clutch" and the gearbox. Usually so close to the gearbox it requires a
new input shaft. Don't ask how I know. Gil