[AT] Allis Chalmers B-1 lawn tractor

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 14:12:04 PDT 2004

> Cecil; My brother and I were trying to find a vertical for the shop a couple
> of years ago. It took some doing to find one with a piston compressor, 220
> volt, big enough tank for a sandblaster, and a decent size motor. Had to go
> to a commercial supply house to get it. Gil

	I was looking too, Gil, and all of a sudden out of the blue comes
a free Kellogg American 2 cylinder 2 stage with 80 gallon tank. It had a
3 phase 220V motor on it and I had to buy a 3 hp 220 VAC motor to run it.
It is not hooked up yet but hopefully this fall it will be. It is one that
comes on at 120 psi and shuts off at 150 psi so will run anything I want to
run including the Coates 1010 I have in the other shop. It was in a newspaper
press room and they wanted two smaller compressors so if one goes down they
are not out of business. Oh yes, and it came with a spare rebuilt two cylinder
compressor in case I wear this one out. ;-)

	Geez, I hate to admit this stuff as everyone starts looking for free
stuff and I ain't as fast as I used to be and miss a lot when there is
competition.  ;-(

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson