[Steam-engine] Greenville, OH...Joke?

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 14:01:08 PDT 2004

What kind of joke were you folks playing on me?  All I
know is that after driving 290mi to Greenville, OH to
see a "steam" show all I got was a bunch of stationary
tractors and a couple of engines.  While walking
around I stopped to visit with an exhibitior about his
mogul engine.  While talking I inquired about the lack
of steamers.  The guy explained that I needed to get
back in the car and go a few miles further north to
the "other" show.  I'm very glads that I took his
advice.  I got there in plenty of time to see my first
spark show Fri night.  The crew with the Baker 23-90
sure knew how to put on a show and they took the time
to explain to me how it is done. I must admit my
disappointment in the lack of Huber engines.  I was
really hoping to see a Huber in steam since Greenville
is much closer to Marion than Evansville, IN is.  On
Saturday I went to Marion to tour the Huber museum.
They had an 18hp Plow engine on display and some neat
literature.  The folks at the museum have a very nice
facility and a knowledgeable staff.  I engcourage you
to visit if you are ever in the area.  I came back to
the show to see the last sawing and threshing of the
day and to pester engineers about the "hows" & "whys"
of running an engine.  Beth, I forgot to seak you out.
 I would have really liked to meet you.. maybe next
time.  Go show and worth the drive.  Got a couple of
good spark show pics as well.

=====
Andy Glines
Evansville, IN