[Farmall] AC-B "torque tube" Farmall A/B/C ???

RJK.Sr Farmall at riverview.net
Tue Jul 13 08:26:37 PDT 2004

I've had a interest in IH/Farmalls most of my life an have more then
a couple books on tractors, especially IH/Farmalls.    Don't ever
remember reading about any patented problems between AC & IH
regarding the torque tube....

I picked up the statement below off a compact tractor board and
an wonder if there is any validity to it.   I can't think of a more
knowledgeable group to ask then those at ATIS...

> "The AC-B used a "torque tube" from the clutch to the tranny, an
> inegral part of the frame/chassis of the tractor. The Farmall A/B/C
> had the same setup, albeit a year or two later. IH paid royalties to
> AC for it. It allows that slender center section, for good
> visibility when cultivating".

Thanks in advance
RJK Sr.  (Richard)
West Michigan...