[AT] SEMI OT: Friend Needs Kabota help

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 07:00:25 PDT 2004

Dave I have a Kubota L285 and I can't understand why you need the shaft if
only the low speed is out wouldn't the low speed gear be out.
If it is over heating then check to see that the screen on the front of the
radiator is clean also the radiator itself may have dirt packed in it.  I
just hosed mine out the other day becuase it was running up near the middle of
the gauge. You can run it clear up to the red without any problem but be sure
to  let it cool down before you shut it off.
Good luck on the little tractor mine is quite the work horse around the  farm
here. I also set the rear wheels out to their widest setting it really
helped on the hills as it was quite tipsey with them in close. also make sure  the
rear tire pressure is set about 14 to 18 lbs. for better traction. Mine were
set way up there and it would spin the tires all the time now I have them at
14  and it made a big differance. I am thinking of going to duels on it as I
use it  with the front end loader a lot.

Oh boy I hope that this doesn't  upset George again. giggle giggle LOL

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460