[AJD] 35 D Runs Again!, but CRACK?

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Mon Jul 12 08:09:07 PDT 2004

In my experience and after fielding many many phone calls, I have found that the D head is notorious for cracking. I would highly suspect a crack in the valve seat area. A crack into the push rod tube area in the block ill also vent large amounts of water quickly. All things considered, I would hope for a cracked head as those are usually repairable and you don't ahve to tear the entire engine down. If it is the head and you can't find anyone to repair it or if it's been diagnosed as unrepairable then contact me and I can give you a guy's name who specializes in repairing the unrepairable, might be worth a shot.

Good luck
Greg

ps- you did torque to the correct value, right?

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
Box 709