[Farmall] 22-36 and KODA Treatment

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Mon Jul 12 07:28:57 PDT 2004

Shucks, Lane, three gallons in the crankcase hardly wet the bottom!  Bet
that bigol block could hold twenty gallons!  Seriously, if the level was
high enough that the crank and rods were hitting it and splashing it around,
then you had enough diesel in the crankcase.  And if this was the case and
you got no mist out of the spark plug holes, then the rings are in great
shape.

And yes, you do need to pull the oil pan.  Nothing I've found so far will
remove the thick layer of sludge from the bottom of the pan.  Be sure you
clean the oil pump screen while you're wallowing in the mung!

Personally, I'd leave the gasoline out of the mixture next time, although it
probably does increase the cleaning power of the solution.  Just to be on
the safe side.

-Karl