[Farmall] 22-36 and KODA Treatment

Justin Weber jtweber at smig.net
Sun Jul 11 21:03:52 PDT 2004

one of the problems that you may encounter is that once that sludge is loose
in the engine, it may be drawn into the oil pump, and circulated thru the
system, which can cause some severe damage.  Also keep in mind that the
22-36 uses poured babbit rod bearings, so if something happens to damage a
rod bearing, the rods and the crankshaft would have to be pulled so that new
babbit can be poured into the rods..  I guess the good thing is that you
don't have to look for rod bearings.......   I would suggest pulling the oil
pan to clean what you can, and when you refill the crankcase with oil, use
non detergent oil.....