[Farmall] 22-36 and KODA Treatment

Lane Freeman lmfree at ptd.net
Sun Jul 11 19:15:41 PDT 2004

Today I finally finished up the 240 U project and moved on to getting the
22-36 up and running after being parked for nearly 4 years.  I never really
ran it much and decided it should have all vital fluids checked and changed
before trying to fire it up.  I knew the transmission had water in it as
water was seeping out the brake shaft.  When  I pulled the transmission
plugs I got about 5 gallons of water and then about another 5 gallons of
brown "soupy" goo.  I thought the KODA Treatment was in order but wasn't
sure of the exact recipe.  I used about 12 gallons of diesel and about 2
gallons of gasoline for the mixture before the excess began to run out the
full plug.  I also checked the engine and it didn't appear to have water in
it but it certainly had plenty of mud in the bottom of the pan. I put about
3 gallons  of diesel in the crankcase and hitched it up to the 400.  My dad
was over so I had him tow me around for about a mile and then pulled all the
drain plugs.  All the diesel came out like the color of mud but when I stuck
my finger back in the crankcase plug hole I could still feel about an inch
worth of goopy sludge in the bottom of the pan.  Do I have to drop the pan
or will the KODA treatment eventually get this out,  any other suggestions?

One good thing I didn't notice was no mist out the spark plug holes.

Lane Freeman
New Tripoli, PA