[AT] Tires and tubes

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Jul 10 04:32:21 PDT 2004

> As Cecil has seen, my barn is full of Stuff that I jut might need some day. And a few old tubes are among them (the relatively decent ones, not the really old and brittle ones). Just yesterday, I cut a piece off one to use where the side panel of my Ford 145 LGT was vibrating against the frame and driving me nuts. Square hunks go under the batteries to protect the bottom of the tray,  1/2" wide circles cut across the tube make great "rubber bands" for holding stuff, and so on. Think of an old tube as raw material - thin rubber sheeting. The only limitation is that they don't do well exposed to sunlight, but there are other materials for those applications.
>
> Mike

	Folded over they work out well for gas tank supports too to keep
the bottoms of tanks from vibrating steel on steel and wearing thru. Not
too good for gaskets but I keep cork and asbestos gasket material on hand
and don't need them for gaskets. As kids back in the 30s and 40s, we used
to make our slingshot rubbers out of them. Now, I use surgical tubing for
my slingshots. We also used stones for projectiles and now I use .44 cal
lead balls in mine and sometimes .36 cal balls. They go straighter and
I can raise hell with crows from 200 yards with them and my Wrist Rocket.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson