[AT] Tires and tubes

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sat Jul 10 04:17:40 PDT 2004

As Cecil has seen, my barn is full of Stuff that I jut might need some
day. :-) And a few old tubes are among them (the relatively decent ones,
not the really old and brittle ones). Just yesterday, I cut a piece off
one to use where the side panel of my Ford 145 LGT was vibrating against
the frame and driving me nuts. Square hunks go under the batteries to
protect the bottom of the tray,  1/2" wide circles cut across the tube
make great "rubber bands" for holding stuff, and so on. Think of an old
tube as raw material - thin rubber sheeting. The only limitation is that
they don't do well exposed to sunlight, but there are other materials
for those applications.

Mike

<snip> The last time, I thought

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed,
given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)