[AT] Tires and tubes

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Jul 10 03:32:13 PDT 2004

> I don't know if its the same in the rest of the world but here in Sask. it
> no longer makes economic sense to repair an inner tube if it has a valve
> stem leak.
> I found this out today when I took apart a 9.5x14 tandem disk tire.

	It seems like a waste of money, doesn't it Ralph? But it makes
good sense not to take the risk of a tire going down again way back in
a field with downtime and another trip to town to fix a tube. The guy
who takes care of the tires on my old tractors will not put an old tube
back in unless quite a point is made of it. The way the time works out
for me (and it doesn't count because I don't farm for a living or have
any lost wages) is an hour to get the wheel off and to the tire shop.
Then about a half hour wait to leave and another hour to get home and
put the wheel back on. So two and a half hours is about what it takes
and if I had crops in the field to get out before it rained, it would
not make sense to maybe have to go thru the same thing again because
I wanted to save a couple bucks on tire repair. The last time, I thought
about it and just had them throw the old tube in the back of the pickup
and have it here in the shop to use some day but so far it is just
taking up space.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson