[AJD] JD 530 Restoration Questions

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 19:42:36 PDT 2004

I had to take the upper water pipe apart on the 530 that I am attempting to restore.  In removing the front and rear connections, I somehow managed to egg shape the water pipe.  The pipe appears to be corroded on the inside and I would like to replace it prior to putting it back together.  Has anyone ever use exhaust pipe for this purpose?  The pipe is available from Deere but at about $77.00.  Seems a little pricey to me.  Any other suggestions for replacement?

 Once apart, I sand blasted the front and rear castings and both seem to be in fair shape but the rear casting has some deep corrosion where it would mate with the block?  Can I use PC7 or JB Weld to fill these pits without fear that the epoxy will soften with time?? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Ken Jones