[AT] OT - Big computer problem - Update

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Jul 7 07:09:02 PDT 2004

You said everything we needed to know when you said you installed
Windows ME.  Dump it, Mike.  Upgrade to anything else except Windows ME.
Do it soon, do it now!  I fought the same sort of catch-22 situation
with Windows ME as you are currently going through.  What you're
experiencing is a glitch that's built into the software.  I also had a
situation develop where there were errors in the code that it could not
or would not correct.  None of the third party utilities could touch it,
and the system couldn't even run SCANDISK.

I upgraded to Windows XP and have had none of the problems since then.
Upgrading is NOT a piece of cake, though.  I had to download and install
something on the order of 33 drivers off the Internet to get everything
back to normal.

Larry